Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plow day in broadway

Charlieson

Got the plow hooked up and plowed my little garden this afternoon. [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/mini-DCP_0464.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/mini-DCP_0465.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/mini-DCP_0466.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/charlieson/mini-DCP_0468.JPG[/img]

One of these days i have got to drag out my plow and set it up, it looks like you are all set and ready for the season :) I like the hub-caps ;)

In the pictures are you supposed to be plowing? It looks like you just have tip of plow in ground.

Dwayne, Just bring it on down and plow up a patch for me. My plow is sitting beside the garage leaning against my tiller. Still need to make hitches to hook both to a tractor. It's a shame to have attachments and not be able to hook them up.

I guess the picture taker didnt get a good angle or good shots. The plow generally went around 6" deep. My biggest problem is the plow is a brinley hardy and I have to adapt it to the tractor. Doesnt quite hook up to the older style hitch correctly. Plus my garden is on a hill and small, so I cant get a good run till I have to lift and backup. I probably dont have things adjusted quite right, but it digs and turns the dirt over pretty good. If I have time, I hope to paint 'granny' this summer. I have some decals, and the sprayers. However, we are also planning on building a house, so she may have to wait. ddh

Roy, It is a Simplicity tiller, but it is not for the large frame tractors. It has the pulley on the right side. I found out exactly which one it was last week, but don't have the number with me right now. It will take quite a bit of work to adapt it for use on the large frame tractors, but I will get it done eventually. I can't use it right now anyway. I have three cars planted in my garden area. LOL This must be the year of the car, instead of the year of the tractor. "So many things to do, so little time". If I could just figure out how to retire and still draw a full paycheck, then I could get something done.