Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your thoughts on a Johnny Bucket

Boney

I have been thinking of getting a used Johnny Bucket, or compairable homemade unit. I would like to put this on a Sims 725. Is this tractor to small for such an attachement? Thnx Herm

It will fit with no problem. May need a weight box on the back, but it will fit.

The 725 is the same frame as all the other B-series. Except for the hydro's whitch are only a few inches longer. As far as power goes, the tractor will handle it fine. How long your arm lasts is the problem.

You want page 2....... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=17974&SearchTerms=garden

Thnx all for the responses. Kirk, nice work. I am gonna have to keep an eye out for a used one or plans on how to make one.

I bought one and put it on a Cub 124. Moved a lot of Rip Rap with it. Traction is the issue it didn't want to scoup very much but I didn't want to add any weight because I was trying to keep it as light as possible moving over some wet ground. Kent's article helped in my decision. I got one that has athe hydro ram for up and down bucket movement with the manual release. Very easy to install. Mike

I ordered one about 3 weeks ago, but haven't gotten it yet. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't get it in orange any longer. I ordered the power tilt and teeth too.

I boutht a johnny bucket that was built for a gilson. had to make a hitch and lift rod for it, hooked it to my AC914 and went to work. It's a much lighter bucket and smaller than the AC johnnys. but it works. And that what counts. Beats a shovel and wheel barrel for sure.

I did not know that you could get a hydro up/down or a power tilt. Tell US more about these options, cost and some pics PLEASE. Thanks - Dan

The power up and down option, has been around for a while but mine was the first on the narrow frame Cubs. Really helps when the bucket is full to max and does provide enough down pressure to lift the front about 3" off the ground. Mike