Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simplicity314

You know you have the fever when...

Simplicity314
...you can't keep track of your toys! Was mowing with the 6008 w/ I/C 12 hp Kirk gave me, when the thing starts idling lower as I went down a decline, then normal on flats and uphills. First thought was float, but I thought it strange the condition would just 'kick in.' So I take the carb off, and dump out the gas that's in it. I see black matter dripping off--figured it was grime coming off the outside. Nope. Thing was full of rust scales, every oraface clogged but good. took it apart, blew it out and it's fine now. Thing is, I could SWEAR I rebuilt the thing before I put it in, since Kirk told me it sat for a while. Yeesh, I've got to start cataloging! Now, the question is, what did I do with the flo-jet I know I rebuilt around that time??8)

comet66
Never use the word "garage" in front of your wife!!! Always call it "The Shop"!!!!! Conditioning gentlemen, conditioning. Never let her start to think of it as a garage!!!

ka9bxg
I wish I had that much room in the shed.Good thing is that I also have a garage. I know what you mean about the wife wanting a place for her car so I always only use the one stall when she is home but when see is gone I am able to use her stall also ,Bob

skmcps01
Hey you you wannabe poets! Help me get a tranny for my 71 3310v If your wife is'nt your best friend shame on you. She puts up with jokers. Be well.Scott PS.My wife wants me to build another shed just for my wounded tractor

skmcps01
Hey you you wannabe poets! Help me get a tranny for my 71 3310v If your wife is'nt your best friend shame on you. She puts up with jokers. Be well.Scott PS.My wife wants me to build another shed just for my wounded tractor