Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Older type Hydro Lift into newer tractor

Paul_B

I've seen a few of the older style hydro lifts from like the Allis B series tractors for sale. Can these be put into a newer soverign tractor (3400 series) with a few modifications?

Yep, but you will probably have to do some remodeling on the dashboard to make one fit. I don't know for sure, but you may be able to remove the valve from the assembly and mount it to the unit with hoses so that the valve can be outside with the pump inside, and not have to cut out the dash. I've never looked at one of those old units closely enough to know how the parts mesh together. I have only worked with the later model unit that I mounted on my 716H.

I just aquired a hydro lift setup from old Simp and want to mount on 7000 series with shuttle. Maybe we can figure it out together. If not, maybe I could trade setup for 7000 series cylinder and valve and run off power steering pump.

I put the old style hydro in my 64 LandLord this last weekend. maybe these pictures can help you out. or give you some ideas.

Nice looking tractor oldone. Mine hasn't been that clean since the day it was delivered. I really should bathe it more often.

John Could you separate the valve from the pump on one of those systems and just run hoses through holes in the sheetmetal? Richp, I put a hydrolift on my 716H. I used the pressure from the hydrostatic charge pump, but a power steering pump would also work. You can use a valve from a 7100 series Simp, 900 series AC, a Sunstar, or one of the larger tractors such as 4040 or any of the Powermax size tractors. The larger tractors have valves with float in one direction, while the smaller ones don't. I used a valve from a 4040 in order to have float. The cylinder from a 7100 or Sunstar can be used if you use the 7100 rear mount. This cylinder is 12 inches extended and 8 inches collapsed. You can also use a cylinder from one of the older units if you make a BGB mount like is shown on John's tractor. The older cylinders are 16 inches extended and 12 inches collapsed. I took a few measurements from a 7016, drilled a few holes for cylinder and lever mounting on the 716H, hooked up the parts and started using it. Check out these posts. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=45949 http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46227 I hope this may help you some.

It can be separated, but i am not sure if it can be fed without tapping ports for pipe thread. I have to unbolt later to check.

Thanks Rich, I was just wondering whether this could be done or not. I knew John(oldone) had been thru one before.

Rod, you could do it if, you make up a plate to mount on the pump. drill and tap the plate for mounting and for the lines. John

Took valve off. There are three holes, supply, return and what is the third for? The lifts that run off the trans I think only have two lines to the valve.

Rich, I belive the middle hole is for float. the other 2 holes would be up or down movement.

John, The float is internal to the valve that I put on my 716H. I had one with float and one without. Both look the same on the outside. Input, output, and two lines to the cylinder.

If I ever get time to pull it out , I'll be putting a hydrolift setup from a Gilson/Montgomery Wards on Ebay. That would be perfect for a tinker project......