Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hitch questions on 3210V

Korman01

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 3210V Landlord manual lift. I'm getting a sleeve hitch brinly cultivator in the next few days and I'm wondering how I'm going to hook it up. I'm going to try and post a pic of the hitch thats on my tractor. I dont even know what type it is or what a sleeve hitch would look like. so any help is appreciated. Right now I was just thinking I could hook the cultivator up to my current hitch and just have to move it by hand when needed. thanks, Mike Edit: well it looks like I cant post a pic. If you want I could e-mail pics. Its hard to explain what my hitch looks like. It has just a single hole at the end. up higher there is a round piece that spins, maybe this is what a lift rod goes to? really hard to explain though so if you think you could help just let me know an I can e-mail the pics if I cant figure out how to post them somehow. Thanks

Hi Mike and welcome. I'm not familiar with the 3210 hitch, so I can't help with that. But the reason you can't post pictures is, that posting pics is reserved for paying members, as is access to the clubhouse. There is actually quite a lot of informetion available here for the $10.00 membership fee. Someone will probably be along soon with an answer to your question though.

Here is what the sleeve hitch looks like that goes on a 3210V. Your right the lift rod goes in the top hole and this sleeve hitch goes in the drawbar.

thank you so much for posting the picture. now at least I know what I am looking for, LOL. any Ideas on where I can find a hitch like that to fit my 3210V? If I can find the hitch I might buy the Brinly plow and disc also. This old tractor sure runs good so I'd like to put it to some use. My Grandpa bought it new and gave it to me a couple years ago when he moved into town. Is there a part number that anyone could give me for that hitch? Thanks much, Mike

Mike I have the hitch that is pictured. I have 2 so I would be willing to apart with one of them. There was one sold on e-bay 2 month ago for $45.00 plus shiping. Let my know if you are interested.864-877-0178. Ken

yeah, I am interested. Is it like the newer Brinly hitch pictured? does your hitch include the lift bar and everything? Can you tel me what the measurment is where it bolts to my tractor? just want to make sure it will fit. Maybe I can call you later when I'm done with work or send me an e-mail, mklingenmeyer@hotmail.com Mike

If you are buying a plow like this you probably could use bot sleeve hitches.

If you buy this plow you will need the sleeve hitch that Ryan has pictured.

and this type of rear lift assembly

Here is a plow with the sleeve hitch for sale on e-bay. It has an incorrect coulter bracket. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4380304234&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I may have located a tiller that will fit. What hitch do I need for a tiller? I will probablly go pick up the tiller this weekend, maybe I can see if the guy has a hitch too. thanks, Mike

Mike the tiller would attach like Rays's 3rd picture. You would need the sleeve hitch that is at the top of the "three point" hitch setup. There would a rod that connects back to your lift (same as the mower deck). For the plowe need that hitch plus the other one shown. It connects to the three point to create the hitch for plow.

Hi, below is a picture of a Brinly box scrapper mount and a Simplicity "old style" sleeve hitch. The old simplicity sleeve hitch was primarily for the mold plows, I can't figure out any other implement that ever used them. If you look at the Brinly plow pictured above even when they made their plows, they used a smaller sleeve hitch. When I called engineering at Brinly and gave them the dimensions of the old "simplicity sleeve hitch", they told me that their dimensions were the "standard" for sleeve hitches. Anyway, if you look at the pictures below, the Old Simplicity Sleeve hitch is about 3/8 too long to mount the Brinly implements without modification. You would also need a rod to be put in the tiller lift or rear lift with a chain on it to actually lift the implement. It is key to have a rod with good hardware as I've broke various cheep hardware I've tried. Since my search for all this, I've found the right rod. ALSO!!! Note there is a difference which sleeve hitch you should choose as the width between the lift brackets is different in the newer tractors. The sleeve hitch Ryan was showing above (the newer style simplicity sleeve hitch) is wider than the older tractors can fit. Most people were spacing out the lift brackets with washers and longer 7/16" bolts. The other problem with the newer bracket on the older tractors is the lift bar is not the same as the chain design. The design on the newer sleeve hitch is better for the Brinly implements because of the ability to tighten the mount with the adjustment bolts, though I've never tried it. There are a lot of posts on this, so search the archives too. So picture one:

Above shows generally how these would attach. Next picture two shows the difference in size:

Hope this helps.

Wow you guys are full of helpfull information. Now for my next question. I just cant seem to figure out where the belt from the Tiller would hook onto a PTO on my tractor. The tiller I'm looking at is 32". Does it somehow run to the same PTO that the mower deck is run from? Maybe I need to add pulleys somehow? sorry for all the questions, but I'm learning a lot here. Good thing I found this web site. Mike

The tiller belt runs along the left side of the tractor to the same pulley as runns the mower. I don't know on the 3200's but on hte new tractors there are 2 pulley there, 1 for the mower(thinner belt) and 1 for the tiller (wider belt). Someone else here can verify the pully setup I am sure.

Mike, A tiller attaches to the "tiller drive"; I some times call this the rear PTO, but the correct title is the "tiller drive". There are two types of tiller drives and then there is a way to directly connect to a "clutch pto" on a 7016. There is also something called a "transmission drive"... I don't know much about that so will not comment on that. Quickly, the method I've seen a 7016 connect a tiller to the clutch uses a pulley which is still available and a different belt. Now, many tillers are not sold with the Tiller Drive and this generally happens by the owner either keeping or selling a tractor with those parts. If you have one of these two systems and it fits your tractor, your probably home free. If not, the last time I saw a tiller drive (like the one shown below, I just took the other link from the other post) go for $157 and I've priced out the parts at $171 new. So hopefully you have those. Otherwise, the older style tiller drive is NLA. That is the two belt system not shown above.
quote:
Originally posted by Korman01
Wow you guys are full of helpfull information. Now for my next question. I just cant seem to figure out where the belt from the Tiller would hook onto a PTO on my tractor. The tiller I'm looking at is 32". Does it somehow run to the same PTO that the mower deck is run from? Maybe I need to add pulleys somehow? sorry for all the questions, but I'm learning a lot here. Good thing I found this web site. Mike
Also read this one: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47183 If you paid your dues, read this one: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48178 This is a tiller drive: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/RayS/HPIM0637%20Copy.jpg[/img]

Nope, I dont have a tiller drive, but now I know what I need to look for. If I can get the tiller cheap enouh I think I will still buy it and keep my eyes open for the tiller Drive/rear PTO. The only other thing I could think of was to mount a pully at the same place the pulley is at that has the brake on it and get a different belt. I'm going to try and get a sleeve hitch first so I can use my brinly cultivator, maybe I'll try to fabricate one this weekend. thanks again for the help, Mike

FYI, A idler pully setup for a tiller just went $150 on ebay, those 2 pullies are seeming to cot more than the complete tiller