Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

$30 Sunrunner Hydro runnin again..

SmilinSam

[img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/5D/87/46112349-4825-01DA0192-.jpg[/img] This is the one I brought home from the auction back in March. Finally picked up a used Carb today and installed along with a factory type muffler. After getting the fuel system primed it started and ran. Drove it all over the lawn up and down the hills and along them too. Seems to work well with those ag tire duals. Anyone know if those duals were a factory option or accesory? Next its get the deck fixed up to mow with this weekend....

it is indeed a hydrostatic drive. The turning radius is held back a bit by the duals me thinks . I'm going to try and remove the outside set of tires and see if that helps and also see what that does to the traction. Otherwise the patched together deck mowed pretty good tonight. Might have to keep an eye out for one of the newer versions with the larger tires and free floating deck. They had an Agco version at lst weeks sale with a vanguard twin in it and a 48" free floating deck. It was cherry and it brought $650. About $500 more than I had...

They're great for mowing under the evergreens, sure beats using a trimmer! Mine has turf tires on it, and I'm amazed at the way it climbs grades. It'll pivot on the inside tire when turned hard over. I just noticed the muffler in the pic., pretty funny. Rob

Sam thats the first time I have seen a sunruner, And I like it looks, thanks for the pictures, have a good ride. By the way good idea to remove the muffler. Ken

Sam: I never even noticed that "muffler"/stack. Yikes! What where they thinkin'? I'm really surprised that that's a hydro. Is the pump "in unit" with the transaxle, or is it separate? Is it miniture, compared to the pump/motor on the larger tractors? I take it that machine is a rear steering job, like a forklift? What's that like? Does anyone know why they put a hydro in that machine? It's all very foreign to me, but very intersting. Thanks, Peter

Here's a picture for Big Six of the hydro arrangment.. [img]http://a0.cpimg.com/image/3C/54/48055100-972c-028001E0-.jpg[/img] Belt routes up around the pulley on the fan side from the engine. On the other side a wide ribbed belt runs down to a chain sprocket drive to the axle. Its different to say the least...