Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2000 RPM to 540 converter

eagle5473

I was looking thru my AC720 operators manual and came accross a listing for a 2000 RPM to 540 rpm converter listed under the attatchment section any one know if these were ever produced or where I might find one?

From the pictures I have seen, they were used for running stationary equipment only. I don't think they were designed or meant to be used for tractor mounted implements.

These are Category 0 setups (narrower hitch with smaller pins & 2000 RPM PTO), by design, not Category 1... They made the adapters for stationary applications (at least for the Landlord & Sovereign size machines) so you could use this small tractor to run grain elevators, hay elevators, etc. on the farm -- not for use in the field.... I really don't know if the one for the PowrMax class machines was designed for stationary use or not -- I've never seen one.

I know where there is one designed for a 'green' garden tractor...belt driven...im sure with some creative metal work you could make it fit...

They were used only for stationary applications. They used the third link mount to secure & keep the unit itself from rotating, thus you lost the use of the third link. The unit consumed about 6 to 8 inches. Lower arms would have to be lenghtened by that amount to have room for any Pto shaft. Third link could be worked around but it would place any attachment that much farther back loosing lift capacity & compactness. They consisted of an a-frame type box with roller chain & sprockets to reduce the speed to 540. Only have seen one of them myself. Stan