Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Nick

Center arbor shaft pulley

Nick
Last night I was starting to get frustrated with the mower deck's center arbor shaft pulley on my landlord 101. I was able to get the first pulley off no problem but the second pulley has me stumped. My parts diagram shows it's held in there by an set screw and a key, but I don't see a set screw anywhere. Put the puller on there and only slightly bent the pulley. Anyone have any ideas how to get it off? It would be nice if I can finally cut the grass. :D

RayS
Any of them that I have seen has a set screw in the pulley grooves. I thought all the old er deck or at least mine have cast iron pulleys. Try the PB Blaster and if you fine the set screw take it out and spray the PB Blaster in the set screw hole. I hate the stamped steel pulleys it seems they always get destroyed trying to remove them.

Kent
I've essentially given up on removing arbor shaft pulleys, since I destroy more than I can get off without damage. I've been taking the entire arbors off, then taking them to a shop where they can be pressed off with a hydraulic press...