Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Caught me by surprise

S.Storkson

Buddy gave me a Garden Mark Squire 12 found in a shed. Everything is there, but no spark. After switching the usual - points, cond.- and switiching the aftermarket coil, hooked up the jumper cables to the worthless battery to see if I could get it to pop. After fresh gas and a little patience...POP! Excited about my success (or luck depending on your point of view)I let go of the key and prepared for another shot. Surprise! It sat there running! Took a second to realize, but what a great sound. I've only begun my little experiment, but I am liking working on the smaller size stuff. Buddy says he's got the op manual for the machine from the previous owner, who bought it new in 1967. Can't wait til my next chance to work on it. Hope it's less than a month from now. Scott Storkson

Welcome to the site Scott. Sounds like you have a keeper there. I rarely have that kind of luck with one. You might want to go ahead and clean out the gas tank and take out the old filter screen before the rust and crud finds it's way to the carb. I've found that saves me a lot of headaches later on.

Ok, I'd like to know where that shed is? Your only 18 miles from me if that Profile is right.

Welcome to the site - You can't find more information, anywhere, about these great tractors. :D We always like to see pictures :D Dan

welcome to the club. You may find you can easily get hooked on these fine little tractors. BTW-we love pictures

Welcome to the club Scott! Im sure youll get more information here than youll ever need to know. Also nice to see another Wisconsinite in the club. I Live in Portage area, but grew up not far from you in Bloomington, WI.