Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

At least it looks AC

DoubleT

Ok while trying to find parts for the Big Ten locally, I remembered one that had same coloring, and basic shape, only dual wheels. Got a little closer look, and it turns out to be an IH. Perhaps taller and longer, but the styling still seemed the same Even the sheet metal framing/tunnel that connects the front with the transaxle looked the same. 14hp single though. Is there some relation between AC and IH in their garden tractor lines? Would there be a contract put on my life if I asked what model IH it is in here? If I get this one, I can just slap a motor in it and use it, then take my time to do a nicer job putting the Big Ten back together.

Hey Bruce its ok we all do it now and then. The two companies are in no way related or have ever been that I know or have heard of. Click on return to simpletractors at the top of this page. Then when you get to simpletractors home page click on links. Then follow that page down until you come to tractor forums and you should see one for IH products. I am in no way saying that you can or shouldn't beable to ask your question about IH tractors here. Its just a suggestion as you may get the information sooner or more correct from people who do own them. Maybe someone here can help you put I just don't have the knowlege about them. Best of Luck-yes its me

I have seen a few Pulling tractors that have been made from Simplicty tractors spliced to the cub transaxle. because they hitch so close to the center of the axle and many ratio gearsets are available these aare the choice of pullers, but the tractors still look a lot like the originals. Could you have stumbled on somebody's old puller. Just wondering.
Al

Nope. Pulled away a bunch of junk, and finally found it to be a Cadet 100. Would have been obvious to most anyone else I guess, but I'm a garden tractor virgin. I grew up where any wheel tractors were rare. Case and JD crawlers were garden tractors, a D-4 a compact.