Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

"The Cart"

rokon2813
I've had a few requests for pics and measurements on this cart, so I thought I'd post them to share. The box is 31" wide and 32" long. The tailgate is the standeard drop in type, that slides in the slots.

The frame is 14" wide (adjust to suit your needs) and 29" long, built of 1" square tube, and 5 1/2" channel across the front.

The "hinge" is made of 2" angle 9" long. And the pivot bolt is 6" back from the end of the box.

The frame attaches to the tractor with 2 pins. Its not made for the front, so I just use longer pins and mount it on the outside

the latch mechanism just has a notch in it to hook around the 1"tube frame

The casters are full swivel, with 4.10 x 3.50 x 4 tires My suggestions for anyone wanting to build one, move the hinge point back further for dumping, this is very heavy when full. If possible, move the casters back a little too. If you back up, the casters are turned around backward, and in the way of the box to dump.

tractormike
Now that is an attachment that I've never seen before, but it looks neat! How well does it handle out in front of the tractor when it's fully loaded? If it works well it seems like it would be simple enough to build one.

rokon2813
It handles fine out front Mike. Might take 2 hands to steer sometimes, but thats all. Actually it may be an attachment you have seen, I just dont use it for its intended purpose. I got it for my wife, a "trailer" that she can actually back up :D:D

But its actual intended purpose is as a heavy duty rear bagger cart.

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813 I got it for my wife, a "trailer" that she can actually back up :D:D
Yup, I know what you mean Dan.... I could use one of those trailers around here.....:D:D