Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

7013 Shuttle into a B-110?

PhanDad
Is it possible to retrofit a 7013 shuttle into a B-110? Is is a bunch of work? Would the side plates have to be changed? (I think I remember reading that the longer side plates are required if you add a hydro to a B110 as Kent (??) has done.) With my hills, it's hard use a straight gear tractor when mowing the lawn. I love the way the B110 cuts and maneuvers, much better than the GTHL and better than the T12 - but the clutching between forward and reverse is a nightmare on the slopes. Is a shuttle drive the answer? I'd love to find away to make Dad's tractor usuable, or it may just have to go. :(

HubbardRA
You could do this. You would need to use the B110 BGB to retain the belt clutch, since the 7013 is a cone clutch, or convert to the complete cone clutch setup for idlers and mower pulley. The side plates on the 7013 are 4 inches longer than on the B, so the fenders would be pushed to the rear by that much. You would also need to hook up a shuttle forward/reverse lever. Only thing this would give you is a 4 speed with a hand clutch. A shuttle is not variable like a hydro.

D-17_Dave
What kind of trouble are you haveing shifting on a hill? If the brakes are adjusted correctly and the drive belts and idler are correct, there should be little to no slipping backwards or hard jerking from the drive system.