Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
WITom

Auction results - Arcadia, WI

WITom
Went to the annual spring surplus used lawn & garden auction at Value Implement, Arcadia WI today. They also had a lot of consigned items. Here are the results of the Allis tractors that were there... Allis B-112 - started and ran well. Rear lift w/tiller drive attachment. Very restorable except for an angle iron welded to the front of the hood with two rear-view mirrors attached. $185. The guy who consigned it bought it back - hoping to get at least $200. Good enough deal - I gave the owner the address to the club. Maybe he'll show up here and one of you guys can buy it from him. Allis 312 with electric lift, rear lift, hydro, wheel wieghts and chains. Didn't see this one sell. The batt. was dead when they went to auction it off so they decided to wait until later to sell it whent they could jump start it. I left before they got to it again. Deutz Allis 1920 - two speed hydro, diff. lock, power steering, rear pto, 48" deck, good shape. 822 hrs. $1250. I went up to $1200, they tried to get me to bid $1275 and I probably should have, but I doubt the club would have kicked in to donate to my checkbook relief fund! :D My award for most ingenius cobbled-up design was for an OLD MTD lawn tractor that someone had attached a 28" front-tine tiller to a sleeve hitch. However, the sleeve hitch was hooked to the tractor via the trailer hitch only (OK, you'd have to see it to appreciate it!) - when they sleeve hitch was raised, the tiller would swing to one side or the other. Tillers don't do much good up in the air anyhow, do they?! ;)