Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Portland???

Bunky

Well it was the 1st day of the portland Swapmeet and I haven't heard of any Simplicity finds... Did anyone see any goodies??

There was plenty of stuff there.The best was 2 30 yr old Allis chalmers push mowers for $400.00 a pieace.The guy asked me if i was interested in them.I told him not for that price.He told me they are rare.I told him yes they are rare but not for that price.People are wishy washy now days.I collect orange bottom line but people are in dream world.There was severial tractors and attachments there forsale.

Well I still haven't heard of any Deals at portland, But mowerman1193 and i are going to head out tomm. morning (Thursday)...

I was there today. Saw what looked to me to be the Simplicity version of an HB-112 or 212 w/ hydro lift and a good 48" deck for $200. Almost bought the thing but decided I didn't need it. Pretty good deal though I thought. Saw a B10, nothing special but had a sleeve hitch on the back. Asked the guy if he would sell the hitch off it. He said no and that 20 other guys already asked him the same thing. Finally, the tire man you asked me about has an old beatup landlord - 101 style or a little later plus a very good later model tiller for $400 on a trailer with some other junk. I asked him about selling the tiller only. He said no but to make an offer on the $400 package. I said no thanks. He also said a lot of guys had asked him about the tiller only. It is for the 700/900 and 7000/7100 series machines. I told him it did not go with the Landlord but he didn't care. Tomorrow is a good day to go, unless we get the storms they are predicting. I saw a lot of empty spots roped off ready for the traditional Thursday guys, probably arriving tonight. Other than that mostly junkers and broadmoores and an over-priced 720. Many rusty Brinly plows from $35 to $75, and one heckavalot of Cub and Deere stuff. The tire man still has the 10.50 Duro Ags for $50 each. Didn't really look to see if he had any 8.50's. Enjoy! Brent

I did meet up with a good friends brother. My friend asked him if he had any Kohler K series starters at home as I was in need. He said he had a whole running 12hp K301 with carb and starter he removed from a Simplicity tractor. I said how much. He said $50. It is now in my shop, along with a 6hp briggs horizontal shaft he "threw in" - for $10. Don't think that one is in good shape internally though. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it. Brent

Well We got Rainedout today, Didn't get to see everything wasn't a lot of Orange there but some... Maybe next year....