Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hey Fellow Parts Guys- 300 & 400 series AC's

SmilinSam

Any of you have any luck selling 300/400 series chasis parts? I paid $200 for the last one and lost my behind trying to sell parts off it. Got another to look at this weekend for $100. More pallatable, but I'm still skeptical. Being its a 416H the engine is what I'm buying basically, thoiugh its not running. From the description it may have threw a rod. If so. not so interested in paying that much even. Any of you do well with these models?

Hmmm... This could be news to someone looking for parts:). I brought home my 1st Allis a few weeks ago in hopes of saving it. It has many issues and will need lots of attention. Its a 310 D and I know absolutely nothing about it. It ranks as the largest and heaviest in my fleet of 23. I was told 300/400s are oddballs and figure it wont be easy locating stuff but I will take any lead I can get. I PMed Graham earlier today about his ads but havent heard back yet. I'm in no hurry as its far down the list of things to do but everytime I look at it I find something else it needs. Being a B/S guy, the Kohler will be new adventure. I do imagine it will be easier to restore it than finding decals for my 515 and 728s. - Joe

Sam I have only been buying them for parts for mine like the hydro pumps and engines, if rebuildable some have the wider rims on them also 8" wide instead of 7". Levi

Sam, I've only ever had 2 of them. Got rid of both as complete units. I've never had a request for any parts for them that I can recall, only attachments, or attachment parts.

Sold a few parts on a 314 then,kept motor, burned the carcass to get clean steel and junked it.Not a hot seller for sure,but if it was jd patio cr%% tou could sell the air in the tires to some schmo,,

I sold the steering sector, the gas tank and hold down straps, the headlights, and the hood hold downs from a 410 to jmustang1. Rest is junk.

Sam it's about the same way here in Kentucky. I've got one guy locally that has a 410 I could move a few parts to but that's it. All the other Allis' I see are either variations of the B series or the 700/900 units,and I rarely let parts for those leave my hands till I get all my tractors running.

what kind of parts do u have left on them i have an allis 312d always need parts let ne know

I'm watching eBay and everything is looking cheaper; except the really rare is still up. Never bothered with the 300/400's myself, don't like the look. I'm not in this for the biz, just want parts for my machines and trade/sell off the other parts. My guess is that more people are leaving this hobby; after some of the noise I've been hearing, I don't blame them. As for me ... I've got everything I need. Except the dual wheel adapters and I know who's gonna make me a set. Would buy a generator or a weed chopper if they came around; not seen any lately. Rare! BTW: Sold my 725 for $250, wanted to keep it, but needed to get some money.