Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electrical wiring/charging system??

mowerman1193

My Broadmoor 5010 MFG # 1690118 was charging when I first got it but someone at some point did some rewiring on it and not a very good job as some wires came unhooked while I was working on changing the oil...I pushed up some wires to get them out of the way so I could ad oil and now I don't know where one of the wires goes and its not charging the batt. no more... The wire is a red one that comes out of the motor...and another red one that comes from the dash somewhere..I thought they would hook together but when I hooked them it made the battery run dead over a couple hours..I tried looking up the diagram in the manual but its not very clear to me as to what that wires hook to that come out of the motor...

Kevin, I think the red wire from the engine should go to the + side of the ammeter and also to the B terminal of the ignition switch.

Ok Thanks Greg, I will check it out this weekend and see if I can get it going right..

Does Someone have a wiring diagram of this Tractor??? We saw a 3008 at portland that looked similar but was a little Different..

There's one in the Operator's Manual: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_2981_00_BM_S.pdf