Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early handle lift sickle mower Mfg # 210

Mack

Anyone else tried to put one of these on a B-112? Looks like it fits too far forward on the tractor and rubs the tri-rib tire that I have on it in one spot when turning to the right.Maybe the longer wheel base of the B-112 and newer tractors has something to do with it. I think I'll work on a hitch adapter to move it back some.

I have a #210 which came with a B112. I can photograph it and measure it if you need. I hooked it up once, greased it, used it and put it away. Worked great.

Front acc. mounting on the front axle is the same dim. on all the FDT's. The frame length is diff on the 112/212 tractors from the bvg back dure to side plate differences. The #210 should pin up and work fine unless the tri-rib tires your useing now are bigger than the orriginal turf tires that came on it.

Yeah,the tri-ribs are 17" across and the original turfs are about 14.5".The belt that the referance book calls for on the B-112 is much too short though,so that why I was thinking about the wheel base difference.

Mack, The rule of thumb I remember is that the wheel base on 12hp tractors is longer. The B112 being a 12hp is longer than a 110 or B10, etc. That's why you need a longer belt. Michael G.

That is not a valid rule of thumb B-110 3 speed = short wheel base B-110 Variable = long wheel base MFG# 2029902 B-110 3 speed = short wheel base MFG# 2029903 B-110 3 speed = short wheel base MFG# 2029927 B-110 Variable = long wheel base MFG# 2029928 B-110 Variable = long wheel base

Wow. As always thanks. I didn't know they made a variable B110...
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
That is not a valid rule of thumb B-110 3 speed = short wheel base B-110 Variable = long wheel base MFG# 2029902 B-110 3 speed = short wheel base MFG# 2029903 B-110 3 speed = short wheel base MFG# 2029927 B-110 Variable = long wheel base MFG# 2029928 B-110 Variable = long wheel base

Hey Mack, you can send that sickle bar down here if it is too much hassle to get working right. I think I have something it will fit just fine! Rollin

Thats a new one on me too. I thought the B210 was the first variable 10HP. Haven't seen a variable B110. Must be pretty rare.

Oh,I got it working!I made a bracket today similar to my weight bracket but extends back two inches and it fits and runs nicely.

It's only taken me a year and a few months to get it operational but I,m ready for a test mowing now.:D