Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

uh oh 7114h transaxle

lndscpr

I just got done hauling the kids a few times around the yard with the 7114h the other day and was going to put it away when the hydro transmission started acting funny. I normally dont bother using the brake. Just go forward back or stand still using the hydro lever. I decided to try the brakes out by stopping at a moderate speed. i think i heard a very faint popping sounds coming from the transaxle as I hit the brake. Now she doesnt want to go fast and won't move against much resistance. sounds and work ok at very low speed. makes funny noises when the hydro lever is pushed forward. What do you guys think. Do i need to rebuild the tranny. I haven';t had time to check fluid levels. What should I check first. This is no emegency since I just the the hb112 running good and the b10 has been running good all along. JOhn

By the description, i'd check the oil, since that causes them to be sluggish, and the other sound could be bearings piling up in the trans maybe? I'm not totally sure but i heard bearings piling up causes axle tubes to break in most cases.

I hate to say it but you may have crunched something in the hydro. Check your oil levels and if you have access get some gauges in it and do some pressure tests. Does it roll OK in netral w/ the pop outs up?

I did check the brake is not engaged. I should have time to check a few things today.

• 3 weeks later...
good news. the pivot arm that disengages the tranny when the braking was sticking. A little wd40 and she is running great. took me about a minute to fix it. I shouldnt have panicked. I thought i heard something pop.

If popping sounds coming from a tranny doesn't cause you to panick, check your pulse to make sure it's still there! Glad everything turned out okay.