Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

310 Front Wheels

Jovee

The 310 I brought home a few weeks back did not include front wheels but I used what I had to get it on/off the truck and thru the yard. It used the roller bearing wheels originally. Yesterday I brought home a pair of wheels from a Sears Gt 18 which sizewise are the same but have the bushings instead. If I were to leave these on in the longrun would it make a difference not having the rollers? I figure the weight of the two tractors at the front couldnt be that far off but this is why Im asking those who know. I dont want to snap an axle for unknown reasons. -- Joe

I was trying to hint at that in another post down the page^. I did get a few people to help in that aspect but I am curious if it makes a difference having the bearing wheels over the bushing wheels on something this size. Larger stuff and smaller stuff is self explanatory but I'm in the middle of the road with the middle of the road.? Dan ?

I would think they could wear your axle more. But the ones with the roller bearings seem to be harder to work on, more expensive to repair and need more work. You need to repack them about once a year.

My opinion is you'll be fine with the bushings. Just make sure to keep it greased well to prevent axle wear.

Maintenance on rollers isnt a problem for me and every other rider I own has bushings. With this one not being commercial sized Im curious as to why it had rollers in the first place. Most of the weight operations would take place in the rear unless it was adaptable to a loader in front. I dont know much about this one but Im learning. Thanks guys - Joe

;)Joe, ;)If and/or when you need them, they are here. Maybe we can hitch on a Simple Tractors Club train headed your way. Joe