Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

repower with an 11hp aluminum Briggs?

firefoxz1

Has Anyone tried this before? Can an Aluminum horizontal Briggs replace a 10hp cast Iron in a 3410? I have a good running 11hp and a broke 3410H and would like get the 3410H working again. Wiring is no problem I can rewire the whole thing I'm just worried about connecting the shaft to it. They do turn aleast in the same direction don't they? I could also use the frame of the donor tractor to make an adapter plate if needed.

The aluminum motor probably wouldn't be as powerful as the original cast iron engine. I doubt there's anyway to connect your driveshaft to the flywheel. Also these tractors were underpowered to begin with as a hydro takes away roughly 2hp so you need at least a 10 if not a 12.

The 252xxx aluminum engine won't replace the cast iron. First of all the is nothing to connect the drive shaft for BGB. I suppose there are other things, but that is a biggy.

I have a friend that has a 101 that i think was repowered with an Al 11hp motor...Ill have to do some checking on that and get some pics...

Thanks AC808, The flywheel does looks heavy enough and has outcrops that looks like it could be drill and tapped for the driveshaft hub.