Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hi-Low questions

dav

Took the Hi-Low off the 2110. The set screws have been replaced with bolts, two of which are broken off near the collar. Could not get the two to move but the third turned part way out. Then the whole reducer fell off as I was just pushin' and proddin' to see what to do next!! Still cant get the screws out. Seems like that collar also holds the unit together. I think I might have apply a bit of heat to the collar to get the bolts out. What's inside that heat may damage? The round cups that hold the nylon are a bit worn but usable. Is there a source for replacements? What number should I type into the mfg number on the manuals page? I can get as far as the page that says manuals are not available for large frame tractors. Thanks

Go to this site http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php and type in 500 in the box it will bring up a list of repair manual. Scroll down till you find it. It is in there, then right click and click on "save target as" and you can download it. Hope this helps. I don`t think that they are available any more, but i think Kent and a few others on here have made there own.

One collar holds the unit together, while the other collar holds it on the keyed tranny shaft... The aluminum "cups" are still available, last I checked, at about $14 each. They're called pivot bushings -- the nylon inserts for them are NOT available.