Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Decals

Storm7012

I'm working on a 1975 7016 and would like to put the decals back on sfter a new paint job. Can't seem to find them and would love some help. Thanks Storm

Hi and welcome to the club.As far as your question.There is no one that i have seen that makes them.I would try a sign shop that makes decals.And see if they can make you a set.I have seen it done on other tractors.Just my 2 cents Tony

True nuff a sign maker can make the lettering as good as original on a plastic sticky stencil. While that is not cool with many folks. It does have an appeal for a painter. Once the base coat is on the machine, the stickers can be placed on the unit where they are supposed to be. Now the next color is applied over the top of the stickers. After enough coats of paint are applied. and cured. The stickers will come off with a surgeons scalpel /exacto knife in a sergeon's hands. What needs to happen is you have to carefully and only deep enough to cut into the plastic lettering but not through it that paint should be removed. Also M.E.K. (Methel Ethel Keytone). This stuff is not very good to have near sparks or open flames nor it is wize to use indoors unless you have 16 foot ceilings and a fan to stir the air up. I mean it is bad to have in your lung use area. That said, Applying the MEK should be done with a damp not sopping Q-Tip. Applying this to the center of the letter and rub gently but dont allow the MEK to drip on your painted surface you wish to keep. After the mek has made the plastic lettering loose and slightly wrinkly you should be able to pinch the letters off. Then the edges of the paint that slopped off the lettering can be wet sanded with 600 wet sandpaper to knock the edges down then a satin clear coat to finish er off. Thats my advice and i will follow it. If i don't get a set of those decals.