Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another convertion

D-17_Dave

Got home from my tractor run today and the neighbor rolls up in the yard with this.[:0]And I thought I did good on a haul.B)

I've been working on him for a couple of years showing off what my HB212 would do against his Troy-Built MYD. It kind of ticked him off a little over the years. I have had him looking for awhile when his up and puked the tranny while I was gone.[:0]Boy he was:(! But he's all :D:Dnow. 23HP Kohler,50"deck,and power steering and diff. lock on his new Prestige. Now all I got to do is convince the wife how nice a new Legacy would be. Maybe I'd stop bringing home loads like I did today....NAAA What fun would that be? At least it ain't Green!

Dave my parents got a Simp like that and it is one sweet tractor. He wont know how to act with his first real tractor8D8D8D,Matt

quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan
Nice new tractor. But nothing like a foot dragger;)
Try one of them you would be suprised.

Ray I have to agree with Justin on this one. The Prestige and Legacey are great mowers but for pure enjoyment and versitility give me a FDT every time.

quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Ray I have to agree with Justin on this one. The Prestige and Legacey are great mowers but for pure enjoyment and versitility give me a FDT every time.
I know that you can use a FDT for alot of different things I have a couple of them my self. I also own a Prestige and it will out mow any FDT that I own and with this rear lift kit installed http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=39603 it will also till and run a revitalizer just like a FDT. It will even run a snowblower, front blade, so I would say that its pretty versatile. I have to admit that I like the looks of my B 10 but i also like the full presurized Kohler command in the prestige.

OK! I confess! I do have a Sovreign 17GTH with hydro-lift and can plow/till/push snow etc. with it. But usually Eva mows with it and I pull out the 3012 or B-10 for all the other chores. Nostalgia I guess. That and the neighbors faces when they say "that little thing can really do that?". I have the advantage of trying out all the neat new Simplicitys at the shop and admit they are great. I really like the new Citation zero turn. Still wouldn't trade my old FDTs for any of them. That's just me though, and Eva always said I was a couple of bricks shy!