Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vintage

RayS

Found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4383978538&rd=1 what does it take to be a vintage mower these days?

That is a rare box store tractor...as they are rare to even be around after 5 years,LOL:D:D:D

"There is a sucker born every minute" and that guy with his "vintage" RLM is putting that statement to a test.

It looks like an older dynamark. In fairness to the seller it probably is at least 20 or more years old and doesn't look too bad for its age. How many years is it before its and antique 20, 25, or 30? I have heard some good things about the old dynamarks, but yes it is an early example of "Box Store."

I might be wrong but if you look at the picture of the blade, it looks like a Simplicity push bar and adapter from a 4000/5000 series tractor. I don't see any eye bolts for the trip springs, so I'll bet it's a 42" non-trip Simplicity blade.

I found at yardsale a "vintage" 1977 Sears mower made my Murray. It had only about 5 hours on it according to the owner. It looked like it too. He wanted $200.00 Firm. I didn't think I could turn it over and not lose money so I didn't buy it.

Uggh..I KNEW I should have held onto that super rare Agway. So what if it was made by Murray? I haven't found one searching ebay or run across one in, heck, four months.8)

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
That is a rare box store tractor...as they are rare to even be around after 5 years,LOL:D:D:D
I think your right mowerman Most of them don't last 5 years... LOL

The only vintage tractor to me is my foot dragger. Yep most die after a year or two.

My Dynamark (only tractor I ever bought new) lasted 7 years before the top of the mower fell out because of fatigue cracking of the thin stamped deck.

Surprised he did say it was only drive my a little old lady on sundays to go to church just down the road 1/2 a mile. As we all know the reason he could'nt find one an E-Bay for three months is te rest are all at the scrap yard.

quote:
Originally posted by KVANDY12
As we all know the reason he could'nt find one an E-Bay for three months is te rest are all at the scrap yard.
I bet the other tractors like it have been to the scrap yard once over. Once as a tractor, then as an appliance or a import car.

I have a Dynamark around back, I believe it's a '75 model. My next door neighbor used it until 2003 and he gave it to me, and it ran, but the wheels had "bonded" to the axles so when they went flat I couldn't get them off to change them and that machine was just plain wore out. The engine was on its last legs and the transmission was fine too. The steering was in good shape though. He had another Dynamark (he swore by them) and I believe it was a 1988 or 89 model and he used it until he died 3 months ago and his son took it with him to his house. I flipped it 3 years ago while loading it on a wet tilt bed trailer and it just kept going and going. Good machine for what it was. He had used Cub Cadets up until '75 when he got the old Dynamark but by that time, the Cub/IH dealers were about gone, due to IH's poor management and fierce competition from John Deere, so he never got another one, even though I tried to find out who bought his old CC. The new Dynamarks are just Murrays with different hoods on them. Same with Statesmans and Ropers.

I wasn't even aware they still made dynamarks or Ropers. Must be a regional thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Well It's back. Looks like the buyer didn't realize it was local shipping only. It also up to $22.00 more then where it ended. [img]http://i12.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/29/73/08_1_b.JPG[/img]