Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kubota L185

EricD

Hello everyone and happy holiday. I came across a 4wd Kubota L185 with loader and am considering picking it up. It's quite a bit bigger than the machines I run now and would be my first diesel. I would be thinning my heard substantially to obtain this and wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with or knowledge of this Kubota series. I'm guessing its year to be from 77-85. Has 1750 hours on it and other than paint is in good shape. It has to weigh in around 2k pounds. It's larger than Kents Kubota. Thanks in advance.

I owned a L-185 at one time without the loader. They are tough machines and will do anything within their HP rating that you ask of them. They are limited only by their weight. Sold mine and bought a B7300h 4WD which is a smaller tractor but I have a 54" Belly Mower with it. The 185 were real good tractors. I have a neighbor that runs a L 175 that has no telling how many hours on it. IMO Kubota runs a close second to Simplicity.

Thanks guys. The deal I had been considering entailed trading my '68 Serf w/mower deck, '63 725 w/snowthrower, restored '64LL w/hydro lift, tiller, and deck, and my SS16 w/FEL for the Kubota. I haven't told the guy no yet but am leaning towards just selling off some of my toys to afford a newer bigger toy in the future. Even though the Kubota may have more face value than my tractors combined I don't want to be encumbered with a huge machine that I know little about and have minimal use for.