Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got this in

tanman722001

I know it isnt a Simplicity or Allis.Sorry.It is a sear Custom 600.But i cant find out the year because everywhere i go to look it up the number I have are not in there list.So them I said I will get the number cross over from Sear to Tecumseh.Yea right those number are not in the list either.Does any one know where i can get some info on it?

Thanks Greg,The serial number on the tractor is 917.25091.And the motor numbers are 143.576202.Thanks Tony

Tony, I'm not 100% certain but, I would say that's a 1966 Custom 6E. This is the best place that I have found on the Sears tractors: http://sears.pammar.net/

That was the same that i came up with.I dont know if one number would make a differents.But what dont make since is that should make is a Custom 6 but the decals that is on it that are original.Same that it is a Custom 600.Thats what dont make since to me.Thanks again Tony

Nice find Tony. I always thought the older Sears were good, heavy built tractors. Cept for them injun engines.

My wifes custom 7 had the best injun engine I've ever seen till the elec. ignition went. [:0] Her custom 8E came factory with a Briggs though. :D:D

Probably about a 66. I was looking these up a while back. Can't remember what I was looking through. One way to tell I believe is by the rear axles. The 66 has a different one from all the others. Check these sites too. http://www.geocities.com/sware56920/ www.searstractor.com The first site has a lot of good model info. The second site is an emerging forum for sears equipment, set up similar to this forum and WFM.

Thanks guys.The way it looks it is the 66 but like someone else told me they dont have all the serial number for all the sear tractors.I figure out the date of the motor and it is a 66 too.But all the 66 i seen had 4 speed trans mine is a 3 speed. I tried to get it to run and the motor needs help.So i guess the first thing to do with it is a rebuild of the motor.And meanwhile get it painted and try to get decals for it.That may be fun.Thanks Tony

I have an two SEARS engine manuals here. One is the operating instructions & parts list for a vertical shaft engine. (143.42202- 143.42203) The other is the parts list for a horizontal shaft engine. (143.574082) I don't know if the horizontal shaft engine manual would help you or not.

The 143.XXXXXX is Sears prefix for Tecumseh. I think the 917.XXXXXXX was for the then Roper of Kankakee, Il. After a major fire and labor struggle the whole operation went south and was consumed by AYP. I also think the David Bradley line was manufactured in time from the same plant. KKK was home of DB. Anyway the closest I can get you on the engine is a Tecumseh H-60 based on short block info in my parts book. You can go to Sears parts and it still shows a part number for the operators manual and parts list. I didn't check stock.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
The 143.XXXXXX is Sears prefix for Tecumseh. I think the 917.XXXXXXX was for the then Roper of Kankakee, Il. After a major fire and labor struggle the whole operation went south and was consumed by AYP. I also think the David Bradley line was manufactured in time from the same plant. KKK was home of DB. Anyway the closest I can get you on the engine is a Tecumseh H-60 based on short block info in my parts book. You can go to Sears parts and it still shows a part number for the operators manual and parts list. I didn't check stock.
Do you mean HH-60? The HH meant Horizontal Heavy Duty.

quote:
Originally posted by bigcountry
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Do you mean HH-60? The HH meant Horizontal Heavy Duty.
Book said H60. My JD 60 has a V70 engine with the label of XL (Extra Life, Cast Iron Block)

I did find out it was a H60 made in 67.But still cant find anything with decals like the one I have.Thanks Guys Tony

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Maybe a hood swap or something throwing you off.
I don't think so Dave. In the drawing of the parts list the decals appear to be the same shape as the ones on Tony's tractor.

I dont think the hood has been changed.The guy i got it for said it was all orginial.And the decals does look like the drawings on the manual.So I dont know.Tony

• 5 months later...