Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower question?

MrSteele

I have a new landlord, to me, anyway, that I found here to be a relatively new 1965 model. I finally got it up and riding around the yard yesterday, intending to use the mower in some of those less desireable places for a riding lawnmower. My question: Is the 42" mower on a tractor that old a lot different from the later models in other ways than deck steel gauge? Is there anywhere I can find a manual on the 42" decks? The deck needs bearings, and I would like to see a blow-up of it before disassembly, simply because I would like to. I know from working on old tractors and associated 'junk' for many years, that I can tear it down and rebuild it with few problems, other than an occasional broken bolt or shaft, either of which is easily made or purchased. But, I would like to have a manual before tearing it down. Again, any help will be appreciated.

990285 42" mower deck: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1257_00_AT_S.pdf