Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Long weekend of work/fun

hdrhdr

I had Friday and Monday off so I worked on a few projects around the house. The first one was to build a hitch like the one ridgerunner built.

Next was to sandblast and repaint some rims.

Put on 4 new ground diggin rubbers.

Mount the blades on the LL and 725

and go move and level allot of dirt.

I have it all seeded, strawed and watered. Now waiting on it to turn green. Randy

Nice work on the tractors and landscape. I like the looks of the vertical stack on that 725. I have been considering getting one for mine. Is it any louder or quieter than the standard muffler?

wpr, I think it is just a little bit quieter than the regular round screw on type and just a tad deeper sounding. I like to hear it at idle with the flapper popping up and down. I wasn't sure I would like it at first and was just playing around with the stack and I like it. I pick it up at TSC for around $25. ridgerunner should put a patent on that hitch design, it is a great idea and thank you for sharing your invention. I had fun building it and it is very usefull if you move around a bunch of differnt trailers. Randy

That's an awful lot of loom. I played with 16 yards today with the FEL and getting it moved and graded smooth is a tedius job. How much loom did you grade?

Nice looking pair of tractors Randy, my two favorites. Hope your seeding comes up quickly, was a bit bummed tonight too see my last weekends work is still brown.

Nice collection Randy. What brand of orange paint did you use on the '64 LL? I have a '64 LL and need to do some touch-up on the paint. Also, is the grader blade original equipment? Jim........

You did a nice job on your wheels and hitch.I love your tractors.They look like you have taken very good care of them.It is amazing how 30 yr old tractors can do so much and look so good at the same time.

You do some really nice restoration work. Your more then welcome to get near one of my tractors anytime.

Nick, the landlord is the one I bought from Kserv. He did the Restore. I hope to do the 725 this fall. JimH, the paint is Dupicolor DE1607 (I think). The blade is a 40" and is for a Broadmore. It has PACAL on the back of it so I only assume it is original for the other tractor. EricD, I had 3 loads (20 ton each) dumped. I hired a backhoe to move and semi level it, then I pushed and leveled with the RBT's. I seeded 40 lbs of grass seed and spread 14 bales of straw. Then I had a top coat of stone laid down to finish the job. MPH, The seed has been in the gound for a week and still has not come up yet. I have not gotten any rain and have been watering it every night. Thanks guys for all the complements. I have as much fun showing off the work these trators do as I have working on them and using them. Randy