Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Exhaust into the deck, Looki

Boney

This is not mine, thought it was different. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4384603071&rd=1

Yes, and if the leaves are very dry you might end up with a bonfire at your back... :D

Besides the obvious fire danger how much push is going to be left after all that length of tubing.

Gee, wonder why there aren't bids on it. Not a real bright bulb there - I get what he was thinking, but obviously forgot the drawbacks to the idea.

The Darwin Awards came out for 2005. Whoever buys this thing has the inside track for a spot on the 2006 list

Pardon me as I pull myself off the floor from laughing so hard! Since he's at it...he may as well add nitrous to it...that way the leaves will blow into the bag even faster :)!!.

Deck pulls a vacuum - Wow that would mean more horsepower! Spinning blades would act like a muffler - Great that would make it quiet so I don't need a muffler. Duh! Do ya think this could possibly cause other problems.

I agree that this home-made system is not very smart, but there are factory-made systems that put exhaust out under the deck. I have a Lawn Boy self-propelled walking mower (about 15 years old) that blow the exhaust from the engine into the mower deck housing!

The thing that I have to laugh at is he is proud of it. Mentions it in his ad, like its a sales plus.

I sent him a question basiaclly asking if I won the auction and I parked it in the garage and it burned down the house would he would buy us a new one. Don't know if I will here back from him or not. Reminds me of the barn fire that Rob-B mentioned where that the grass heated up caught the tractor on fire and burned down the barn. UPDATE at 5:52 PM.- The seller ended his relisted auction early. I wonder if my message had something to do with it?