Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yet another tire question

Boney

What is the name of the company that makes the TRI_RIB tires you guys are putting on the front. My tire guy was not able to find the tri-ribs for the front and he said if I could get a name he may be able to get them. Thnx Herm

All the ones I have seen are made in China. They are OBC. I have two sets and that is what they are. The best place to buy is Ebay. I think I gave $41.50 for the last set I bought. Hope this helps,Matt8D

I got my Super-Lugs at a place called Gear Works. They have about any tire size and type made for a tractor. Mine were about $20 bucks each and got em in a cupple of days. You can try them at www.gearworksmfg.com -Paul

On ebay, I got them for about $19 each, but haven't tried them yet. I still have to get the rims sandblasted.

I have bought all mine from Tucker Tire. The first ones were King tires and the last ones were O B C. The ones I get have had tubes included. The have them in 3.50x6, 4.00x6, 3.50x8 and 4.00x8 sizes.

I have a set from Cedar Rapids Tire. Shipping was really fast. They turn realy nice, easy. Have to careful not too tear up the lawn though. My turf front tires rotted out. I thought they were GBC - Green Ball Corpoartion? Maybe that is just some wholesaler. http://www.greenball.com/tires/threeribf2.htm I wish they made some for the wider frnt rims. How bad do the 4.00-8's look on a wide rim?

I got mine from rustybore's tire shop on ebay. Had them within a couple of days. I called the owner, Carl King and talked to him before I ordered. He is really a nice guy and will do whatever he can to help you. Both sets of my tri-ribs, the 3.50x8s and the 3.50x6s are GBC or OBC, just can't remember which. I think these are probably the only brand currently being made for these small wheels. The tires are around $20 each.

quote:
Originally posted by spokemot
What is the purpose/advantage of ribbed front tires?
Better steering "traction" in loose dirt or snow... it doesn't "plow" the front tires as much when you turn. Less steering effort... because of less rubber in contact with the ground. They look "cool" because when combined with agricultural-type lug tires on the back, it looks more like a big, farm tractor...