Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20hp Kohler motor.

Ronald Hribar

I have a 20hp kohler out of a Sunstar for sale. Interesting question came up. What motor does a 18hp Sunstar have? Is it the same as the 20 hp? Do the tractors have the same features?

I think the 18hp is a M18S and does not have power steering, two speed rear end and not sure about the locking diff. If you were a little closer to Louisiana I would be interested in your 20HP but seeing as I don't need it, only want it I can't justify spending the money right now. Also I just put a new 20HP in my Sunstar this past Fall. Oh well maybe one will fall off a freight truck in front of my house.LOL