Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Deck for B210

beamer

Is there a 48" mower deck that will fit the B210? If so is there any additional mods required? Thanks

Any of the 48" decks for Sovereign class machines will fit, but you may need to swap the driven pulley on center arbor to match the ones that originally came on a B-210. The B-210, unless it has had a retrofit kit installed, used the "double-V" belt with a much smaller diameter than most 48" decks. IMO, the 48" deck, while it will fit under there, is too much for a 10HP engine unless you plan on mowing VERY frequently. It was intended for 12HP and up... While it will work with 10HP, it may strain the engine, and may require you to take smaller passes (less that the full width of the deck) in high grass... The 42" deck is the optimum size for 10HP, though the 48" deck on these longer wheelbase machines makes them trim better since there is less uncut grass in a sharp turn... I'm running a 48" deck off a 7000 series Simplicity on my HB-216 hybrid -- but it is 16HP. I had to change the driven pulley, as described above.

A 48" deck will fit a B-210 with maybe only a drive pulley change on the center arbor if the deck is from a newer series You might have to change from the double v belt pulley on the pto to single belt pulley if it has not already been changed.

I thought the 210's were straight drive and w/ the standard trans. the 48" deck wouldn't fit. I know the 212 variables and hydro's were longer. Are the 210's variable or am I missing something here?

B-210s are variables, like the B-212. They just had a 10HP engine, 42" deck, and narrow front tires. B-212s were variables, had a 12 HP engine, 48" deck and wide front tires. B-110's are standard 3-speeds -- the last of the short wheelbase Allis...

Well, thats pretty good news. I have 2 B210s one is going to be used for show and occasional odd tractor work, tilling, grading hillside sickle mowing. The other will by my second grass cutter. I cut most of my grass with a 6 foot finish on a New Holland. Close to the house we have a lot of special trees that have mulch or flower beds the exact same turning radius as the B210 (imagine that?). However, I was going to upgrade the motor to the spare 12hp white Briggs and Straton engine I have and thought it would be a good idea to upgrade the size of the deck also. I think these mowers do a great job of being able to get up close to an edge to save on trim work. A 48" would probably be even better. Thanks for the help.

Beamer, Your B210 will handle normal mowing with a 48" deck just fine. Our first Allis is a B210, which I bought many years before this club was formed, has a 48" deck. I did not know that it was incorrect until I went to Sandy lake to buy a belt for it. If the grass is a little high or thick, just ease the variable drive handle back and it will chew right thrugh. Jim