Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Do I wanna?

JoeK

Elderly neighbor approached me as to selling his Simp 728.He bought it new way back when with deck,frontblade,tiller, snowblower,weights,chains,hitches etc.He used the tractor till 4-5 yrs ago for various tasks,but the bought a rider mower and since has only been used for spring garden tilling.I was repowered with a Tec 10hp about 7 yrs back and runs good.Attachments appear good and have been shedded since new.Include 2 "parts" mower decks also.What would be a "fair" price for this ole gal?He figures $350.

First off, Welcome to the Club. Even though it is not the original engine, I think $350.00 is a fair price Since all the attachments it has and the engine is practically new.

Joe, like Nick said, welcome to the club. $350 isn't a bad price for it with all those attachment. Those little broadmoors are quite a tractor. You will be suprized what they can do. At one point I had 5 of them. Good luck if you get it. Oh you realy should look into becomming a member. $10 bucks well spent! Elon

quote:
Originally posted by JoeK
Elderly neighbor approached me as to selling his Simp 728.He bought it new way back when with deck,frontblade,tiller, snowblower,weights,chains,hitches etc.He used the tractor till 4-5 yrs ago for various tasks,but the bought a rider mower and since has only been used for spring garden tilling.I was repowered with a Tec 10hp about 7 yrs back and runs good.Attachments appear good and have been shedded since new.Include 2 "parts" mower decks also.What would be a "fair" price for this ole gal?He figures $350.
I pay more for old AC/Simplicitys than some would b/c they are what I want. My reasoning: Buy if you like it, it fits into your want category, and you have the expendable $, and your spouse doesn't balk. Remember - no hauling time/distance means $ too! Welcome to the club. For $10 you can mine a wealth of info in the files to keep it running for years.

After a little negotiation,the 728 is now mine.He had robbed the battery out of her but the Tec also has a recoil on it.Wound up with: Broadmoor 728 1 decent deck,1 "parts" deck,possibly restorable Rear Tiller attachment(good) Single stage Snowthrower(very good) 42"Front Dozer/Snow blade(good,could use new edge) Pr of cast rear wheel weights(good) Rear ballast weight and aux "sleeve weight"(good) Tire chains(good) Manuals for tractor,Tec engine,and all attachments except mower deck. Pail of assorted linkages,pins,bits and pieces. Tires may be OEM,holding air but badly checked/cracked. All for $200,I think I did OK :)

$200 for all that is one good deal:) However there is an even better deal waiting for you -- $10 will get all the tractor information you will ever need right here on this site:D I know it is the BEST deal I ever spent ten bucks on:D Welcome to the site,Joe!! Dan