Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hb112, 3212h or mack

lndscpr

I finally got the famous ugly hb112 running, or i should say an old timer rewired it for me on a barter deal. She runs great. The original briggs is a fresh rebuild. I am going to keep her now but I am not sure what to do. Should i repaint her to original colors, I could make her a 3212h, I think i need just a hood as i already have mint seats and tires/wheels to do that. I should i keep her as a mack??? to tell you the truth i really like the mack look. I won't be changing much for awhile anyway because i don't have the time. I did get some paint and a set of decals though. Here are some pics.

dent on hood is from me backing my truck into it. Could see it becuase it was painted green.

she is even house broken, no leaks from the hydro or the carb.

new plastic gas tank and hinge to access it easily thanks to my friend.

John, make her an HB112. Start with a quick paint job of the hood, then do the wheels and the transmission area next (white and black 99 cents/can from Autozone). Then get around to just painting the frame. Keep it simple and it will look respectible. Use her and when you got a spare machine, then taker her down and do it right. I like my HB112...

I may be a little partial to "Mack";) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/Mack/Mack1.jpg[/img]

I still have the original bulldog. I may put it back on but I also have 5 cans of cat yellow paint and a set of hb112 decals. If I go 3212h I have an original set of 10.5 firestone tires/wheels a grill and a MINT vintage pan seat and some paint. Mack, i knew you would say mack.

I'm a firm beleiver that every collection should have an ugly duckling! Keep it ugly and used the heck out if it! Elon

Keep it just like it is! Looks mean and if you cleaned it all up you would be afraid of scratching it. One question though, does the Heineken can stay sitting on the tractor while your running it or do you have to hold it in your hand?????

wishin. the can only stays put on level ground which i do not have much of. I could use a good cup holder.

I think you should return it to an HB112. If you do, I think we have another club member who may be willing to take those emblems off your hands. What's his name, anyhow? Oh, yeah, his name is "Mack". LOL