Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Acken's latest project

Kent

I finally got around to catching up on some emails... Here's a picture from Ken Holz (member name acken) showing his latest project that I resized and uploaded for him. Hopefully Ken will pipe in with a bit more explanation than the email contained:
quote:
Kent, can you transfer to correct area. Current project working on. And yes, both axles are powered. Using two 3 speed transaxles, nearly original B-110 sheet metal. Thanks, Ken
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/acken/DSC4B-116.jpg[/img]

I was to the Little G Show down in Dyersville Iowa last summer. There was a guy there with some awesome custom Cub Cadets, it bugged me to no end wondering how he did that. I can't hardly post a picture, and then try to keep it a secret. I started it late this winter, unfortunately haven't had much time lately to continue. It has a 16hp B&S, two 3 speed trans, 2 bevel bgb's, all of the sheet metal except the right side battery cover is original. That panel had to be stretched a bit to allow for the belt going down to drive the front axle. It will have live hydraulics, to supply power steering, and remote outlets. The exhaust is y'ed together to make both of them live. A balanced driveshaft connects to rear bgb to provide rear power. When I tear it down later to paint, I will try to post some more pics. Thanks Kent for getting this pic in, I still have some "learnin" to get my picture program working. I don't think the tractor will make it to any shows this summer, but plan to next summer; GOTO is coming to Hastings MN, I can't miss that one.

Simplicity314
Very cool Ken. I have a feeling Elon may be in touch with you as he's thinking through a somewhat similar project. Would love to see the bgb and tranny setups that are on it, if it's possible. Funny, isn't it, how you can build something like that and still can't figure out a digital camera? My wife has to do all the presets on the camera for me and do the downloading!

maxtorman1234
That's a neat idea, I think I may try something similar, but won't have the front tires powered. unless I find some more parts:). Looks like its coming along well. I'm interested to see how you have the axles hoolked up.

• 1 year later...
anybody have any updates on this? Been thinking of building one myself, would like to get some insight if at all possible