Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powemax Project at 99.6%

nighteye

Engine Shop work ....................................$60 Pistons and rings....................................$100 Bearings and sleeves and other engine parts..........$100 Fuel pump & carb kit, Gaskets & seals................$100 Misc (Plugs,points,filters,hoses,wire,ect,ect........$100 New Regulator & Rectifier ...........................$60 Battery (750 CA)& cables.............................$50 Experimental muffler Mat and Labor..................$30 PTO parts & Clutch...................................$300 NOS body parts.......................................$100 Used body parts......................................$50 NOS dash panel with gages,switches and hr meter......$60 NOS tires and rims X 4...............................$250 Front end work,(Bearings spacer & misc)..............$60 Brake parts (Used)...................................$50 Hydroliic fittings, hoses, ect.......................$50 Fluids, Filters and flush job........................$30 Blasting sand, paint and misc........................$130 Hours of labor Seemed endless (Did not keep track) Hours of research (Many fun hours) Watching the lad break it in, knowing that it may last another 33 years.................PRICELESS [img]/club2/attach/nighteye/MVC-001S.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/nighteye/MVC-010S.JPG[/img] The muffler is an experiment.

I want to thank all the people in this club, who answer the questions that come up on a daily basis. I rebuilt this tractor with a lot of help from the archived material in here and the Simple TrACtors link. I cant mention a lot of names because the list is a mile long and leaving a name or two out could cause hard feelings. BUT, I will mention Maynard.(UCD) The one who (among other things),indirectly, taught me to use the info available. Still waiting on a couple decals and working out a few bugs. When I started, I was going to sell it but now, I think I,ll keep it.;) Ken

Absoloutly increadible. A beatiful piece of work. It's amazeing how these tractors seem to grow on you once you've spent a few hours in/on them.

Ken that is one beautiful machine. I have purchased a 3310 for my step son to use. We are doing a little clean up and paint on it before he starts using it. What colors did you use on this project? Tom

Is that k-wool insulation in the muffler? Is that Stock or did you make it that way? Very nice job The picture is better than a new advertisement. Nice Stainless pipe there too.

Thanks for all the great comments here. I think, if I figured up all the hours invested plus the parts, and then sold it for top dollar, I would make almost $3.00 an hour. Not a real moneymaker,BUT,I enjoyed every minute of it. A great, stress relieving hobby. Now to answer a couple questions. TOM, The paint is all Rustolium. The Orange is thier Specialty, Farm equipment, Allis Chalmers orange and The White is thier Premium Antique white. The orange is almost a perfct match to the Original paint jobs on the NOS body parts I installed. The white is real close (Not perfect) to the original paint on the NOS rims. If you look real close, you can tell. Leroy: The muffler insulation is a gift I got from a Pipefitter/boilermaker buddy of mine. Dont know what its called but its used in super hot applications. The outer heat shield is a piece of 6" stove-pipe on standouts. The muffler is the original but its beefed up a little at the joints to the body. Its the only thing I did'nt do myself (except machine shop work) My Brother-in-law is a special welder and works for beer. Thanks again, Ken

Knowing a good welder is a must! And having said welder work for beer is just plain fantastic! Of cource that is uless he drinks before welding! lol Great job! I love thouse power max's. I need one of thouse for snow removal. Elon

Thanks for the info Ken. Hey, anytime you can relieve stress and make $3.00/hr, it sure beats paying a shrink $100/hr to do the same thing. At least, that's the argument I use on my wife. :D

Nighteye, I have a 9020 that needs that kind of attention.I'll trade you and that way you will have something to do.I am sure you spent alot of time on it and you are probably lost now without something to do, besides,that way, that young fellow can gain somemore valuable experience working with dad on tractors.Sounds good to me.You did an excellent job and hope you enjoy it to the limit.Jerry

Hey Nighteye: Looks great! You mentioend waiting on some decals, I'd sure like to know where you are getting those. Appreciate the info!