Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mutant Simp

richp

This is a picture of my 3314v that I built from misc. parts laying around. I don't mow with it so I am driving an old Simp power lift off the center pto controlled by the old pto lever. I made my homemade Johnny bucket power dump and what a difference. Now I can tilt forward and grade with it. Hope to get more pics soon. P.S., that ugly muffler is real quiet. I chopped it down because it was really way too tall. It says Onan on it but not sure what model.

I'd like to see a closer pic of the hitch and dump on your bucket. Looks great for a "MUTANT". lol Elon

Hey, another "Mutant". I thought I was the only person who built one from a pile of parts. Since these parts were so common across so many versions, it is amazing what can be used. You've probably seen it before, but here is my Mutant, an AC713S:

Hope you enjoy your Mutant as much as I enjoy mine. Mine now has the solo duty of mowing my lawn, while the other tractors do the really heavy work.

The nice thing about a mutant is you don't feel guilty doing back yard engineering on it. My 7014 is all original and I try to keep it that way.

Here's another view.[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=richp&file=16975"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

Looks real good. Now that you've wetted our appetite, how about some close-up pictures showing the LH lift arm at the tractor below the hydro tank. How did you attach the LH lift arm to the shaft? How about some close-ups of the bucket construction?

• 5 months later...