Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new 7114

keifer2k3

Got this off ebay. Thanks Greg!! Except for some touch up paint on the deck, its all original. Cleanest one I've seen in a long time thats all stock. How much did these go for new? I'm not sure what year it is. I'd guess 78 or 79.

Sure is a nice tractor. I am restoring a 7116H. Mine probably won't look a good as yours with I am done. Not often that you find tractors in that condition.

That is clean. My guess it had cost $3,000 new. From what I have researched it was made between 1979 & 1983. I know what you paid and I think you did well.

Thanks guys! I plan on taking good care of it too! Funny story came with it. It was previously owned by a State Psychiatric Facility near Chicago. The guy I bought it from had worked there 'til it closed a few years ago, which is when he obtained the mower. He said it was used to cut a small area of grass on smooth level ground. It was also one the favorite activities of some of the residents to clean the tractor! He said some would take turns polishing the same spot over and over, and others would go over the whole thing polishing everything down to the last bolt!! :) He also said it was waxed at least once a month (by the residents}. They got 100's of hours of enjoyment out of just cleaning it. I thought that was a pretty cool story. True or not...? I'd sure like to believe him. Anyway the tractor should feel right at home at my house;)

In 86 dad paid 6000 CAD for the 917H and deck. That sure is in nice shape, Hows it run?

It seems to run very well. I've only had it a few days and mowed once with it. I've never had a Kohler so it feels and staryts weird to me. It smokes just slightly at start up and when giving it gas quickly. I think it's better when it warms up. Smells like its rich though. Might just be I'm used to the smell of a Briggs. The hydro works perfect.

Congrats on that sweet tractor Keith.8D I know you're gonna love it. I'm guessing Mfg. #1690723, '82 or '83.

That is one very,very,very,nice tractor.It would be nice if they were all taken care of like that.It sure makes it alot easeier to restore if someone hasn't butchered it up,like my 9020.Some moron cut the hood on each side to put those stupid little round noisy mufflers on it.I finally got my used stock one on and it is so much quiter.Take care of that new baby.Jerry

Tractor 1690723 001229 Deck 1690501 10223 Motor Kohler 60383 MODEL K321S Serial 11236003

I bought the trac vac that was mounted to your tractor. In the third and fourth pics, there is still attached to the deck a 6 to 8 inch bracket on top of the discharge chute. It is needed to attach the pick-up chute form the vac to the discharge chute of the tractor. Do you need it? How far are you from Oswego, IL??

Thats one pretty score for a tractor. Looks like the story of the TLC it was given could very well be true

wow! great looker- definitely a Starbucks chick picker-upper (with the right dump cart-greg knows which one).