Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brent_Baumer

Briggs vertical shaft engine question

Brent_Baumer
Hi. I'm looking to replace the 13hp Briggs I/C single on my trail mower. Came across a Briggs 18hp twin vertical. I believe both cranks are 1" x 3 5/32", or at least I think it is likely. Seller could not confirm. Question - anyone know if the bolt pattern to mount the 18 is the same as the 13? This is an ebay item and the seller isn't able to get to it to measure as it is still installed in the original piece of equipment. Thanks, Brent

BLT
Tulsa Engine Warehouse has some footprint drawings to help you. But like the others based on the info given you should have a cold fit.

Brent_Baumer
Trail mower is a swisher 60". I have been happy with the mower but disappointed with the briggs engine. I've had it about 4 years I think. It took it forever to quit smoking since new, has leaked oil since new, has bogged down easily in thicker or taller grass, and has basically been a lemon of an engine to keep running. I was set on replacing with a bigger Kohler, but if I can buy the Briggs cheap then I will go that route. thanks for the help. Brent