Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thanks for the jinx, Nick!

Simplicity314

Anyone remember this post by Nick? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49350 Well, I do, and it wound up jinxing me lol! Pulled the motor on my 64 LL and found the exact same thing he did! Sooo...who has a fiber disk for sale? Edit: Thanks for the tip on the fiberglass. Also, I discovered that what I thought was play on the bgb was really the bad spacer. I suppose that's good news, even though it leaks so bad. Thanks, --Jim

Jim, I replaced the old type wobble joints many years ago with fiberglass flex disks. No problems since. same flex disks twenty+ years later.

That Bites Jim. You will have to use spacers when you bolt on the new flex disc on. Otherwise the driveshaft will be to short.

One of mine shows evidence of the rear fiber disk letting go before I owned it. Scratches, decal pushed up, no really big dents though. I think the driveshaft has a part tag on it and the hydro lift lines - indicating replacement? It has doubled up disks on each end now. I keep an eye on them for any cracks. Well enough posts for now...