Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

cone clutch bushing replacement

wilm169

I was wandering if any one has attempted this? Was changing out the out side cone sence it was shot and not pulling any more and looked at the inside to see it had a lot of wabble in it and found the bushing about gone. Simplicity wants 57.00 for the kit.:( This is on a early 7016.

Levi, I replaced the bearing assembly in my later model AC716H. It was a bearing with a thin steel bushing inside it. If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around $28. Could be wrong on the price, been a while.

Rod, this one has no bearing on the back just a brass bushing where it spins on the shaft.

Hi, I am not aware that the bushing is available. I also believe these are a multi-layer bearing. I believe the bushing is steel and is coated with bronze and then tin. I am not sure they can be replaced. Remember anything is possible if one throws enough money at it. Al Eden

As Al said, all three that I have use the bearing assembly with a thin steel bushing that contacts the shaft. When I found the bushing was bad in mine, it was because the bearing was going bad and was tightening up when it got hot. This caused the bushing to spin on the shaft.

Will look again. Local small engine mech at napa is looking at it now. He is compairing starter bushings. Up date with some pushing prodding and deep looking the bearing and bushing sleeve came out. 42.00 at simplicity. Thanks All