Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will a Case 646 Hydro Tiller work on a AC 620?

SMC17

There's a Case 646 cat 0 hydro tiller for sale and I need to know if it could be adapted to work with my AC 620. It's a 60" model. I've got a 620 with a FEL and was wondering whether the Hydraulics from the FEL could drive this unit? Would there be enough flow to till properly? Has anyone successfully used this tiller on a 620/720 or 9020? I did a search for related information but I believe that this is a new subject. My AC 620 is new to me and I'm trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible. Thanks to all for contributing to this site it has been an invaluable tool Sean

Hello SMC17, I have a 720 with an Ark 700 loader. The hydro pump is driven off the front PTO clutch. Based on how quckly it can lift a loaded bucket, I highly doubt it could run a hydro tiller. Rough rule of thumb, the pump should be physically bigger than the motor you want it to run. The loader pump on my 720 is pretty punny. Good luck if you invest the time to try it out.

Looking at the head of the motor on that tiller, it looks like it would take around 15/20 GPM's to run it. You also need a large reservior and an in-line cooler as something like this would create a lot of heat. One alternative to save this tiller for use is to drive a pump w/ enough gpm off th rear pto. This way you don't have to iterupt the existing hydraulics from the loader. This is offset due to the need of an extra pump, cooler an res. The other thing is sell this one to a Case owner and buy one that will work right on your 620's pto. As it happens I have one for sell. lol If I can help you in any way, please just ring me.