Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7010 7110

patrician12

A friend of mine told me upstate that he had a 7110 tractor that ran great but no deck.I traded him a brand new Chrysler slant six distributor for it.Another friend with a pickup with ramps drove up to get it.When it arrived this morning it was 7010!!!!!My heart was broken.3 speed no hi-lo and kinda on the small side.I had 16hp single cylinder Briggs already to put in it.One thing did strike me strange.It had no headlights or a provision for one.Is this unusual?

Sounds like a System 7010. These tractors had the option of headlights that mounted on the sides of the hood with two bulbs in each assembly.

Your 16hp single cyliner Briggs will drop right in. Most 10hp tractors were stripped right down with no headlights (price point).

I have both chassis setups, AC713S, AC716H (same as 7000 Simps), and then the 7116H. I personally like the 7000 series a little better than the 7100 series. Not much difference, however. Both are very good machines. If you want the headlights, then either buy a set of the side pod lights from ebay (see them quite often) or put a later model hood on the tractor that has the lights in the grille. That 3-speed tranny is a very strong unit. I used one off and on in tractor pulling for 20 years with no damage. Still using it around the house. It will handle 16Hp very nicely. I have run close to 20 hp thru the 3-speed that came on my 61 Wards (Simp 700).

The 7000 series had both style of headlights. The early 7000 was the same as the 3400 series and the 7100 series is the same as the late modle 7000 series.

The 7000 series is basicly the same as the 7100 series. The pto setup is different but run the same attachments. The 7000 and 7100 series did not have Hi/lows they used what was called a six speed.

7100 had a different hood with round headlights and a different frame design than the 7000 series. Not much difference, though.