Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower deck input pullys

JCS

I am trying to put a B-Series (B-10) mower deck on my Simplicity 3212H. IS the mower deck input pully the same size? Does anyone know if the belts (I think it is called the CROSS-DRIVE) are the same numbers? And what the correct number is? I am suppose to pick up the PTO idler wheel today from the dealer and I hope it is the smaller one since the dealer gace me a too big one the first time.

I have a deck that came off a 63 landlord (42") that is now on my 3112h with no changes at all. Hope it helps.

The center pulleys for my Big Ten and B-210 (3210V equivalent) are/were the same size, as best I remember.... But, the belt inside the deck that drives the outside arbors is NOT the same, since they used different idler mechanisms.... Does your deck have a spring-loaded idler, or a bolt that slides in a slot?

The decks are the same so you will have no problem. I had a 3212 and a B-12 and all attachment would fit either. The B-10 (BumbleBee-10) is a 3110 Simplicity.

Then what would be the correct belt number for a 3212H drive belt for the mower and what is the number for a B-10 drive belt for the mower? Are they the same??

One other question -- does the center PTO on your 3212 have 3 grooves or two? My B-210 (3210V equivalent) has 3, and uses the "double-V" mower belt, shown below. I tried using single belts and they would inevitably climb out of the groove and get shredded by the sharp edges.... I don't think these belts were used long, but they require a 2-groove drive (top) pulley on the deck, in addition to the 3-groove center PTO.... These double-v belts are only available thru Simplicity, as far as I know . . . The Belt Reference (link below) shows different center PTO belts, but without knowing the MFR number of the deck, it would be hard to look up the exact belt for it... [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/belts_(pg2).htm'][img src='http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/belts/cs_3v.gif'][/a]

I looked at your table Kent but the belt i am inquiring about is the one that runs from the swinging shaft hanging under the tractor forward to the mower deck. Which is not listed. I got a B-Series mower deck from Sandy Lake Implement so I do not know the MFG number of the deck. I believe the 3212H has one pully that gets power from the bevel gear box and the other end of the shaft is a double pully.

The longer wheel base on the vari-drive is between the bevel gear box and the transaxle. This would have no effect on the mower belt which is in front of the bevel gear box. My 3212 vari-drive used the same belt as the B-12 when I switch the deck from one to the other.

The double-v belt above is used between the deck and the center PTO on my B-210. That's why I asked. Yours MAY need the double-V... And yes, if it isn't described as a Double-V, then it is the Cross-Drive. But, notice that there are several belts listed for 42" decks: 108099 (44.1") 108458 (45.1") 168171 (47.5" Double-V, like mine) 176439 (74.1") I'd imagine it is one of the first three above, since they are in MFR# order (for the decks) which should be the sequence of manufacture. The top # above is for the oldest deck, the bottom is for the newest one I've listed (I think the bottom one is for 3400 series and later tractors). They used at least 3 different center PTOs in the B-series and at least 2 different wheelbase/frame lengths (B-112 and later had a longer frame to accomodate varidrive). So, I can't say exactly which belt you'll need, and was trying to use a process of elimination to narrow it down. It's easy to eliminate the Double-V just by looking at your center PTO. If it is the Double-V, you'll likely need to change a pulley, either on the PTO or the deck, to make them match. If it's not that one, I'd guess it's one of the top two above. If your deck has a two-piece skin/shell (bolts together in the center) that means it's the oldest deck (B-1, early B-10, etc.) and I'd try the 108099 belt. If it isn't a two-piece design, I'd try the second one, the 108458. But, you could be an inch off using either one based on this info alone. Further, neither of the 1st two listings MAY compensate for the longer frame/wheelbase of your 3212H -- note that the Double-V belt (from my 3210V point of reference) is a couple inches longer still, at 47.5"... Kent