Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help - Allis PN to Simp PN on Simple trACtors Site

PhanDad

I've been trying to use the "Simplicity to Allis-Chalmers Parts Cross-Reference" found here: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/parts_x-ref.htm Using Kent's instructions to use the Simple trACtors "search" feature, the Google search won't find any AC part numbers. Even if I'm on a page of the cross reference info, the seach feature won't find an Allis part (with or with out the added "-" and following number shown in the table)on that page, let alone the whole site. So far I've only been able to use the table by going a page at a time and using the "Edit" "Find(on this page)" feature of IE6. What am I doing wrong? Or maybe it's my computer again! Thanks.

It's not you or your computer. I just tried it, and it didn't work for me. It looks like the Google search is not indexing the numbers, so it doesn't find them.... The old FrontPage search would, but it no longer works because the site is too big for it to index... Not sure what either you or I can do... :(

Kent, Can you make a page "52", with all the part numbers? I know it would be a big page to load, but if one has hi-speed access, it shouldn't be bad. Then you could use the "Find(on this page)" feature to find the Simplicity number.

I just pasted all the x-reference pages into a Word document (50 pages). Using the 'find' function in Word, you can find any listed Allis part on a single search. The Word document file is too big to upload (2.4 meg). If anyone wants it, send me an email.