Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Suggestions for parts outlets

Boogity

I have been using JacksSmallEngines for several years now and I'm pleased with the service so far. However I get very frustrated using their website to find and order parts. It seems that whenever I enter a Simplicity part number in the search window I either end up in an area that does not have anything to do with what I'm working on, or there is no response. Where do you guys get your Simplicity parts? Thanks.

My local dealer. Usually when I need something I need it now and my dealer usually has it in stock.

I've been using Jack's for several years since I found them via this site. I use the following page and have never had a problem with the search engine (except for the NLA response): http://www.jackssmallengines.com/simplicity.htm

I have used Jack's for several years when I don't need it now or when the dealer has to order it anyway. I have not had a serious problem with them. I always use the Parts Manual and just put the part number in the Parts Database page. They do have parts look-up now for Simplicities which I have looked through and like. On a second note, I have called Sandy Lake twice to try them out and both times they where actually higher in price then what my local dealer wanted. Maybe I should tell them I'm a club member? Is it just me and maybe being my dealer knows me good I get a discount???, but that don't explain why Jack's is cheaper than my dealer.

Jack`s advertizes that they are 10 to 20 % cheaper. right below were you type in the part number http://www.jackssmallengines.com/partsearchform.html .

Man! I feel like a fool. I went to the link at Jacks that RayS gave me and discovered that I had not been scrolling down far enough to get to the plate to enter the part number. It's terrible to get old.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
My local dealer. Usually when I need something I need it now and my dealer usually has it in stock.
I detect a bit of gloat there. Everyone should be so lucky to have a well stocked mop or fop Simplicty dealer. mop = Most Orderd Parts. Fop = Frequently Orderd Parts.

Try your local simplicity dealer for belts or any single item. Shipping is not cheap for a 4 or 5 ounce belt at Sandy Lake

I always try my local Farm Store Simplicity dealers first, but if they have to order it I have to pay both the 6% sales tax and the SHIPPING }:). So unless they have it in stock, I usually just order it from Jacks and wait for it to show. It is usually 7-10 days after you order. GregB

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
Try your local simplicity dealer for belts or any single item. Shipping is not cheap for a 4 or 5 ounce belt at Sandy Lake
I wouldn`t blame Sandy Lake shipping isn`t cheap anywhere when you figure what USPS and UPS charges, then you have to buy packing materials (boxes & tape), deliver it to a drop site and possiable pay someone to package it.

I find each time that I have priced items at Sandy Lake they have always been higer. I am lucky that I have a old well stocked dealer about 40 miles away . They do a real good job of having and gitting what I need. They will ship also.

I have never used Jacks,since I've read here that several members have contacted them,and their phone in customer service is,well,less than stellar. I'm lucky that I have a couple of decent dealers in the vicinity.Always patronize the local merchant,when you can.

I’ve dealt with Jack’s & Sandy Lake over the years and have found Sandy Lake to bend over backwards to give me what I want from new parts to used parts or advice over the phone about how to get a 3-speed transmission un-stuck.

Sandy Lake is my choice. Remember - price is not all there is to shopping. Sandy Lake has both Brenda and Betty that seem to know more than I do about what I need. AND they know when to ask another employee for help. Now that is all I need to say on that. PS: No sales tax via Sandy Lake. I don't have a dealer within 200 miles and Sandy lake is only a phone call away:)