Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

June pics of my garden

dads707

My beans are climbing well. My beans don't get dirty!!

They climb the string and also stay out of the rows. (sometimes)

My blackberries are also doing well!!

Moles ate a couple of my tomatoes, had to kill them. (The moles)

A little of the stripes, I worked nights last night, mowed when I got off work.

The site of my future garage. I am buying a steel arch building and putting it here.

I am still working on the size of my pics, trying to get them to the max size to upload. I was tired this morning and posted them smaller than I like.

I use the Landlord to plow it, Broadmoor to till the first time, then my Troybilt to till before I plant. The first couple of weeks I can still get the Troybilt between the rows. By then the plants are big enough to block out most of the weeds. I have to use a hoe between the plants at first. The rows are "double rowed", 2 rows 12 inches apart, then 30 inches, then 2 more 12 inches apart. I do that as much as I can, seem to get more rows in there.

Impressive. Your soil looks very sandy. Must be easy to work with. Or is it just the pics? Gord

Must be the pics, I don't have any sand in it. The Troybilt does a good job of breaking it down.

Very nice dads! And no fence? Don't the deer, coon, rabbits and woodchucks go at it??? Your corn looks good..taller than knee high by July! Always a good sign.

Man that's a great garden! Sure wish I could get my rasberries to grow like your blacks. We went real small this year, just some tomatoes, cukes, and zukine(?).

Very nice garden you have there.Looks like you will have a good crop as long as you get rain.

• 3 weeks later...
That is a real nice size garden. I have one bush of the wild black berries & a bunch of blackcap bushes that i need to get move over into one area someday.