Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chambers?

Brent_Baumer

Allis Chambers????? Am I ignorant, being a jerk or justifiably annoyed? If I see one more ebay ad for an Allis Chambers - even though the equipment itself 99% of the time has Allis CHALMERS decals on it - arrrgh! Straight to the moon Alice!

I like Allis Chambers better than Allis Chamblers, which I've also seen... I have a 716 hood that someone made decals for and spelled it that way!;)

Brent .. If it wern't the people that don't speell good there would be no good deals for the buyers. Look at this as a classic way of how not to sellyour item to the potential national market. [img]http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/62/85/74_12_sb.JPG[/img] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3982563489&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

I've even seen "Alice Chalmers" and "Elice Chamers"...makes me wonder if it's not beeing pronounced clearly. Or somebody isn't listening.

If you decide to buy one, be sure to try and find a brinkley plow for it. If you can't find one of those, a brinley will do. If you're on a budget, you can try for a Troy Built (correct spelling is Troy-Bilt). Brent, often it can work to your advantage, as a lot of people don't try for alternate spellings. If you're looking for a Brinly implement, for example, try search words: Brady, Brinkly, brinley, bradly. When I was looking, I found a couple spelled as 'brinley.' Allis chalmers is not so easy as the 'allis' is usually spelled correctly, so it will show up. And 'Brinly' is usually decalled on the sides also.

I can't figure how all these people are inventing the same wrong word (chambers). I wonder if one guy started it and it got passed along to all the others. As for brinley I have even seen them listed as "briney" Yes it can be annoying that people don't know their equipment's name but as others have said it can lead to good deals.

Like some others, I use misspellings to my advantage especially on eBay. Here in South Carolina I went to a car show where one guy was so proud of his car he had a 4 foot high "sandwich board" sign in front of it listing all his custom equipment. Top of the list? His "Elderbrock" manifold! Not only that, but he misspelled it at least four other times on his sign. Being a transplanted yankee (actually a damn yankee-I bought property down here!), and not wanting to get shot, I pointed it out to my wife and we snickered quietly. Brian

Spellin' hell.Rithmatic is the most important of the three R's. Short me on the cash, you'll learn to spell side by side real quick.