Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Giving Recommendations???

bigcountry

I was reading a landscaping site and ran across this, and wondered what was going through this guy's head??? Mowingman: I am a Gravely dealer, and I can tell you that in the last 2 years, Gravely has made huge changes for the good, in their homeowner ZTR's. We had the option of selling both Gravely and simplicity. Well, simplicity was not something we wanted our name associated with for the most part. The twin cyl. Command makes the 1944 a great choice. The deck is very well built, and we have seen no problems with the spindles in any machine we have sold in the last 2 years. Of course, they are not as heavy as the spindles on a commercial machine, but we have seen no problems from them, or from any other parts on those new homeowner Gravelys. They are a pretty solid and dependable machine.

Well everyone's entitled to thier own opinion. If moneys are involved his statement most likely comes from the fact that he thinks he can make more off of a Gravely. He also may have had some bad dealing with Simplicity or a dealer or tractor at some piont. Not every product one company can market with thier name on it can be a great thing.Look at the Scamper's that Allis made in SC. They were junk. Something to sell rather. They weren't designed to be a tough mower and it showed. I could give huge examples from Deere or Murry or MTD but you get the picture. I bet if you looked in his garage you wouldn't find one of those high priced Gravely's.