Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4th of July Weekend

MPH

Worked so hard done got me 3 days off:D, slept good in my own bed last nite and got up ready to tractor play so hope you all can handle some pics of my piece of Alaska' Mowed the yard first off so I could enjoy it for 3 days.

put some stripes in the barley/clover field I planted Memorial Day weekend

Then I put the tiller on the 725 to till under the 42 inch high green manure oats in the garden spot

wrong tool for that job, so I went to the back '40' and tilled under 2 foot high lambs quarter/pigweed. Area hasn't been worked this year yet.

then up by the ole barn to try and fix the mess of sod slabs I left Mem Day weekend. remember these?

tiller had a hard time breaking up the sod roots but feel I made some headway

'nough tilling, put the plow on to attact the oats again

stopped to talk to my daughter on the phone and got rainned out of plowing, she thought I was pretty silly to haffta go park the tractor in the shop cuz it started raining, well, it's still rainning, over 3/4 inch so far. so, I went and drug this home after getting the tire fixed

Know it's the wrong brand guys, but hey, it's got a 14 hp Briggs so it can't be left to rot away, being a '71 looks to be built he** for stout. Engine runs good, Hydro tranny is lacking any power, hardly got up the trailer, if oil change helps it, great, otherwise, I got a good running 14hp for 200 bucks

doesn't show too good but a different looking pto side to the briggs then any other I have

Marty thats a whole lot of tractor time for one day! More than I've had in a month if you take away the time I spend on customers tractors. Enjoy it while you can Marty, sure looks like you're getting the jobs caught up.

Getting pretty good with that plow Marty. I think my patience would have run out with the tiller long before you stopped. Yard looks good though. Add a few hundred RPM's to that 14 and for the same 200.00 bucks you got 16 ponies.

Marty, ;)Isn't to much nicer than straight and deep fresh plowed furrows.:DAND they even smell good!!! That looks to be a pretty well made tractor,:DWould be better with a Kohler though:D. We have an MTD that is going on 30 years old and other than normal maintaince it's been a good machine. But this one is a riding mower, not a garden tractor. Thanks for the pictures, always great to see your place and the northern fleet in action;). Joe

Thanks for sharing the pics, Marty. I always enjoy seeing what you're doing up there in the far north.

Great pics Marty. You sure take advantage of your play time. That's a lot of activity for one day. Just don't let it turn into work.:p Great find on the MTD.8D Wonder if that's the original engine? I thought the starter generator was mounted higher on those and the outcrop on the grill covered the pulley.

Marty, Please send me some of those "ambition" pills you are on! :o):o):o):o) Great looking yard and crops. Cheers,

I see what your saying Greg. The engine pictured in the owners manual is the same as the one I have. Maybe in earlier models when they used the S/G system it did as you said but when they changed systems they saved money not making a new casting for that cast iron grill, just guessin'

Looks like a good time was had. That old MTD sure does look like a tough old machine. Hope it serves you well for many years more. Gord

Marty, Looks like you had a busy weekend. And all I did was sit at my display of Allis Chalmers tractors at a Antique tractor show.;) Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]